Personal Development, Finance and Investing For Filipinos
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. Financial Education is your best investment.
Having a clear idea of where you are and where you want to go financially is an important first step.
Mr. Peter Lynch once said, "In the long run, it's not just how much money you make that will determine your future prosperity. It's how much of that money you put to work by saving it and investing it." Learn to save and then make it grow by investing or starting a business.
Stock Investing is one of the best financial instrument that will help you to reach your financial goal. The question is, how can I start investing in Philippine Stock Market? Investing in Philippine Stock Market is much easier now! With the help of an accredited online trading broker you can start participate in Philippine Stock Market. Timson Securities, Inc. (Timson Trade) is one of the leading stock brokerage firms in the Philippines and is a member of the Philippine Stock Exchange. Here are the steps on how to open an account in Timson Trade.
How To Open An Account?
Who can open a Timson Trade account?
Any individual of legal age and of any nationality or any legitimate corporation may apply for a Timson Trade account. Filipinos working abroad can also open an account for as long as the applicant fulfills all the necessary requirements.
Prepare the following requirements:
Completed and signed Customer Account Information Form (CAIF) Please print on long bond paper (8.5x13in) or scale the document according to your paper size in the printer’s settings.
Photocopies of any (2) valid government issued IDs such as:
• Driver’s License
• Digitized SSS ID
• GSIS E-Card
• OWWA ID
• Postal ID
• Senior Citizen’s ID
• OR any Government Issued ID
Photocopy of a proof of billing such as:
• Utility Bill
• Credit Card Bill
• Bank Statement
• For Resident Foreign Citizens – Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or WorkPermit from DOLE
• For Non-resident Foreign Citizens - Authentication of a photocopy of one (1) valid passport
• For Corporate/Partnership Accounts:
1. Copy of Articles of Incorporation/ Partnership and By- Laws;
2. Latest General Information Sheet (GIS) which lists the names of directors and principal stockholders owning at least two percent (2%) of the capital stock.
3. Notarized Board Resolution covering account opening authority, list of officers authorized to sign and their specimen signatures and the signing authority of the signatories;
4. Copy of latest ITR and Audited Financial Statements;
5. Secretary’s Certificate/ Board Resolution naming the person authorized to transact and perform other acts relatives to the account;
6. Copy of Trust Agreement (if Trust Account)
7. Sworn statements as to the existence or non-existence of beneficial owners, if any
8. Photocopies of 2 Valid IDs of all signatories (1 of which must an ID bearing a photograph-ex. Passport, Driver’s License)
You may personally submit the originally signed forms and other requirements to their office at Suite 3310 Robinsons Equitable Tower ADB Avenue Ortigas Pasig City 1605 Philippines. You may also send the originally signed forms to their office via courier at Suite 3310 Robinsons Equitable Tower ADB Avenue Ortigas Pasig City 1605 Philippines. Once they receive and finish reviewing your requirements, a customer service representative will contact you to inform you about the status of your application. Once your account has been approved, you may then proceed to fund your account with their partner banks. Minimum initial deposit is Php 25,000.00.
Note: Tax Identification Number (TIN) is mandatory in filling up the application form. For foreign residents, you may apply for a TIN by preparing 2 sets of filled out BIR Form 1904 a copy of your valid passport, and a copy of your marriage contract (if applicable). Submit these requirements to BIR’s Regional District Office #39. You may ask a representative to obtain the TIN for you; simply prepare an authorization letter together with the other requirements.
What is the minimum initial deposit to open an account?
The minimum initial deposit to open an account is Php 25,000.00.
When can I start trading?
Once your application has been approved and the initial deposit has been made, you will receive your account log-in details in your email within 1-2 working days.
How do I contact Timson Trade?
You may contact them through the following:
Suite 3310 Robinsons Equitable Tower ADB Avenue Ortigas, Pasig City 1605 Philippines
(+632) 633-0344 / (+632) 631-0876
For more updates about
Personal Development, Financial and Investment Education. Join and Subscribe to my Newsletter.
ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Hi, Ralph Gregore Masalihit here!
A Personal Finance Advocate. An I.T. by Profession. An Investor. A Business Minded. An Introvert. A Photography Enthusiast. A Travel and Personal Finance Blogger (Lakbay Diwa and Kuripot Pinoy).
Currently, I'm working my way toward time and financial freedom.