Personal Development, Finance and Investing For Filipinos
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. Financial Education is your best investment.
When is the best time to invest? Now. Always invest for the long term.
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. Personally, I don't use BDO Nomura as my online broker (I am using COL Financial as my online trading account) but I've just received some emails asking on how to open a trading account using BDO Nomura.
Who is BDO Nomura Securities, Inc. (Formerly: PCIB Securities, Inc.)
BDO Nomura Securities, Inc. (Formerly: PCIB Securities, Inc.) is a joint venture between BDO Unibank, Inc. and Nomura Holdings of Japan. BDO Nomura aims to provide online trading services to BDO's significant client base and branch network.
Who can open an account in BDO Nomura? And how to open an account?
Any one, aged 18 and up, local or foreign, may open an account with BDO Nomura, provided that he/she should have a BDO Bank Account and BDO Online Banking account.
1. Log-in using your BDO Online Banking User ID and Password.
(If you're not yet enrolled in BDO ONLINE BANKING? Click here)
2. Enter the One-Time Password (OTP) received via SMS.
3. Tick the “I Agree” box in the Letter of Instruction and Consent.
4. Select from the drop down list to nominate a Beneficiary Account (for withdrawal process) then click NEXT.
5. Click on “I Agree” in the Terms and Conditions.
6. Fill out the Investor Profile, then click NEXT.
7. Fill out the Suitability Form, then click NEXT.
8. Indicate referring Branch Name or Branch code if there is, or NONE if none. Re-type the CAPTCHA code, then click Submit.
9. REVIEW the details of your Investor Profile and Suitability Form shown in the summary screen.
10. After review, click Confirm to submit your application. A “Thank You” notification will appear to confirm a successful application. Cut-off for processing of New Applications is 3:00 PM. Online Application submitted beyond cut off shall be processed on the next banking day.
11. Once approved, please expect to receive an Approval email indicating your Customer Code and your assigned BDO Nomura Settlement Account Number.
12. Once approval email was received, you may already fund your assigned BDO Nomura Settlement Account through all available funding channels. You may fund your account on or before 10:00 P.M. to be included for the next trading day's buying power.
13. Another email will be sent to you by Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) indicating a Control Code and further instructions on how to access your online trading account.
Note: Control Code will only be used for posting buy and sell trades.
You may now access your BDO Online Trading Account by clicking Online Trading Login at the upper right corner of your screen. Remember to use BDO Online Banking sign in ID when logging in to BDO Nomura Online.
Is there a maintaining balance of the account?
Good thing is, there's no maintaining balance needed.
What log-in and password should I use?
To log-in, you will use your online banking username and password.
Can I open a Joint Account?
BDO Online Banking user ID is good for single user login only, thus only single account opening is allowed in our Online Trading Facility as of the moment.
For more updates about
Personal Development, Financial and Investment Education. Join and Subscribe to my Newsletter.
ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Hi, I'm Ralph Gregore Masalihit!
An RFP Graduate (Registered Financial Planner Institue - Philippines).
A Personal Finance Advocate. An I.T. by Profession. An Investor. A Business Minded. An Introvert. A Photography Enthusiast. A Travel and Personal Finance Blogger (Lakbay Diwa and Kuripot Pinoy).
Currently, I'm working my way toward time and financial freedom.