Personal Development, Finance, and Investing For Filipinos
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. Financial Education is your best investment.
Negative behavior only has an impact on you when you react to it.
To protect yourself against negative influences, whether of your own making or the result of the activities of negative people around you, recognize that you have willpower. Put it into constant use until it builds a wall of immunity against negative influences in your mind. Recognize the fact that you and every other human being are, by nature, lazy, indifferent, and susceptible to all suggestions that harmonize with your weaknesses.
Recognize that negative influences often work on you through your subconscious mind and are therefore difficult to detect. Keep your mind closed against all people who depress or discourage you in any way.
Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act for yourself. Do not expect troubles as they have a tendency not to disappoint. Without a doubt, the most common weakness of all human beings is the habit of leaving their minds open to the negative influence of other people. This weakness is all the more damaging because most people do not recognize that they are cursed by it, and many who acknowledge it neglect or refuse to correct the evil until it becomes an uncontrollable part of their daily habits.
To aid those who wish to see themselves as they are, read the self-analysis test questions below from Napoleon Hill and state your answers aloud, so you can hear your voice. This will make it easier for you to be truthful with yourself.
1. Do you complain often of "feeling bad"? If so, what is the cause?
2. Do you find fault with other people at the slightest provocation?
3. Do you frequently make mistakes in your work? If so, why?
4. Do you deliberately avoid the association of anyone? If so, why?
5. Do you suffer frequently with indigestion? If so, what is the cause?
6. Does life seem futile and the future hopeless to you? If so, why?
7. Do you like your occupation? If not, why?
8. Do you often feel self-pity? If so, why?
9. Are you envious of those who excel you?
10. To which do you devote most time: thinking of success or of failure?
11. Are you gaining or losing self-confidence, as you grow older?
12. Do you learn something of value from all mistakes?
13. Are you permitting some relative or acquaintance to worry you? If so, why?
14. Are you sometimes "in the clouds" and at other times in the depths of despondency?
15. Who has the most inspiring influence upon you? What is the cause?
16. Do you tolerate negative or discouraging influences that you can avoid?
17. Are you careless of your personal appearance? If so, when and why?
18. Have you learned how to "drown your troubles" by being too busy to be annoyed by them?
19. Would you call yourself a "spineless weakling" if you permitted others to do your thinking for you?
20. Do you neglect internal bathing until auto intoxication makes you ill tempered and irritable?
21. How many preventable disturbances annoy you, and why do you tolerate them?
22. Do you resort to liquor, narcotics or cigarettes to "quiet your nerves"? If so, why do you not try willpower instead?
23. Does anyone "nag" you, and if so, for what reason?
24. Do you have a definite major purpose, and if so, what is it, and what plan have you for achieving it?
25. Have you a method by which you can shield yourself against the negative influence of others?
26. Do you make deliberate use of autosuggestion to make your mind positive?
27. Which do you value most, your material possessions or your privilege of controlling your own thoughts?
28. Do others easily influence you, against your own judgment?
29. Has today added anything of value to your stock of knowledge or state of mind?
30. Do you face squarely the circumstances that make you unhappy, or sidestep the responsibility?
31. Do you analyze all mistakes and failures and try to profit by them, or do you take the attitude that this is not your duty?
32. Can you name three of your most damaging weaknesses? What are you doing to correct them?
33. Do you encourage other people to bring their worries to you for sympathy?
34. Do you choose, from your daily experiences, lessons or influences that aid in your personal advancement?
35. Does your presence have a negative influence on other people as a rule?
36. What habits of other people annoy you most?
37. Do you form your own opinions or permit yourself to be influenced by other people?
38. Have you learned how to create a mental state of mind with which you can shield yourself against all discouraging influences?
39. Does your occupation inspire you with faith and hope?
40. Are you conscious of possessing spiritual forces of sufficient power to enable you to keep your mind free from all forms of fear?
How much time have you devoted to studying and answering these questions? (At least one day is necessary for analyzing and answering the entire list.)
If you have answered all these questions truthfully, you know more about yourself than the majority of people. Study the questions carefully. Come back to them once a week for several months. You will be astounded at the amount of valuable additional knowledge you will have gained by the simple method of answering the questions truthfully.
For more updates about
Personal Development, Financial and Investment Education. Join and Subscribe to my Newsletter.
ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Hi, I'm Ralph Gregore Masalihit!
An RFP Graduate (Registered Financial Planner Institute - Philippines).
A Personal Finance Advocate. An I.T. by Profession. An Investor. Business Minded. An Introvert. A Photography Enthusiast. A Travel and Personal Finance Blogger (Lakbay Diwa and Kuripot Pinoy).
Currently, I'm working my way toward time and financial freedom.